Thursday, August 4

Games?

I just found 3 odd little card games in my closet, only one of which I've actually played before, but they are all quirky and adorable and small enough to fit in my suitcase so I am bringing them to Woo with me!

Monty Python Fluxx

A sample of cards you can draw:
  • Rabbits of Doom! You win if you have the Trojan Rabbit and the Killer Rabbit on the table in front of you.
  • Nude Organist
  • Unladen Swallow
  • Outrageous Accent - If you speak with an outrageous accent during your turn, you may play 1 extra card.

Nanofictionary


You draw characters, settings, problems, and resolutions, then make up a story to tie them all together. Example cards!
  • Characters: the relentlessly inquisitive reporter, the super-evolved sentient broccoli, the bleary-eyed waitress
  • Settings: the dangerous objects factory, the beatnik coffeehouse, a clearing in the forest
  • Problems: the interdimensional doorway is closing, "Who ate my brownies?", something is on fire
  • Resolutions: they totally got away with it, a war was narrowly averted, he spent 6 weeks in the hospital

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone Quidditch Card Game

You can tell that it's OLD because it has the illustrations that used to be on HP merchandise before the movies came along. This is the one I've actually played, and I recall it being fun, but I was also 10, so, you know, I thought anything that had Harry Potter on it was pretty great. Oh wait. That's still true.

You can jinx your opponent with a card that has a turtleneck-wearing Snape who looks like the offspring of the Wicked Witch of the West and a vampire. Also, the illustrator lacked the imagination of whoever designed the movie costumes, because the Quidditch uniforms look exactly like bathrobes. What I'm trying to say is: clearly it's awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment